Lexington’s St. Patrick’s celebration takes to the streets this Saturday. The city’s traffic management office has shared the following street closures in downtown:
Closures Scheduled from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. for the Festival at Tandy Park
- W Short St closed between N Mill St and N Upper St.
- Market St closed between W Short St and Church St.
Closures Scheduled for the St Patrick’s Day Parade. Parade scheduled for 1 p.m.
- 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Midland Ave closed between E Third St and E Main St.
- Starting between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. – Possible lane closures on E Main St between N Martin
- Luther King Blvd and N Limestone for parade preparation.
- Starting between 12:30 p.m. and 12:45 p.m. – E Main St closed between Walton Ave and Mill St
- until parade completion.
No parking all day Saturday on Short St between N Mill St and N Upper St as well as on Market St.
NOTE: The KHSAA Girls Sweet 16 Tournament will be taking place at Rupp Arena during the day and
evening. Expect traffic impacts if traveling in the downtown area.